QuickBooks Connection diagnostic tool is designed and developed for the troubleshooting network connection problem that comes in QuickBooks Desktop accounting software. Quickbooks diagnostic tools help to fix the connection problem coming among the Quickbooks, their database, and the company files.
What is QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Diagnostic tools is a software used to fix networking and multi-user error that comes under the h-series and 6000 series of errors. This error comes at the time of opening and creating a company file to the QuickBooks Desktop accounting software.
Furthermore, this tool has the capability to fix this type of unexpected error that comes in the systems. The most used and latest version of the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool release 4.0 version.
Things to Be Remember
- QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool works only in widows operation systems like Win 7, Win Vista, or XP and the QuickBooks desktop version 2008 or higher version of Quickbooks.
- However, Quickbooks Enterprise version 8.0 and their higher version also work for troubleshooting.
- If you are using Quickbooks 2016 than you need to use an internal version of QuickBooks File Doctor instead.
- QuickBooks File Doctor is work only for window operating systems don’t use it in Mac and Linux operating system.
Issues fixed by QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- Error H101, H202, H303 & H505 (Multi-user Errors)
- 6150’. ‘-6000, -301’, ‘-6000, -82’, ‘-6130’, ‘-6147’, etc.(Unexpected Errors)
- All Clients list is empty
- Damaged or corrupted files present in the system
- Missing many entries in employee lists
- Poorly configured windows firewall
- Vendor list has become empty in your software
- QuickBooks files affected by a virus or missing.
- Access denied for QuickBooks database.
How to install QuickBooks connection Diagnostic Tools
- First, check you don’t have to install QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool on your operating system.
- if you don’t install then download it from its QuickBooks official website.
- After download, you need to start installing QuickBooks Diagnostic Tools by double click on the downloaded file.
- Carefully follow all the installation instruction, and click next.
- If you are going to install in window 10 then your first download the appropriate .net framework to install the software in your operating system.
- After installation, this tool will open automatically, if that not happen then simply double click on the icon on the desktop.
How to use the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
After successfully installing, you need to open the QuickBooks Connection tool by double-clicking on the desktop icon. You may also open it to the installing directory to your operating system. Now follow all the troubleshooting steps to fix the problem.
Diagnose Connection tab
This tab helps you to check whether your system is set up to the single-use or multi-user. If the permission is not set correctly in your system then your system firewall has blocked the port that connects to the database. Due to blocking port error will come.
The firewall status tab display details and basic instruction about your system’s incoming and outgoing connections.
The Test Connectivity tab area provides the functionality to test your computer’s connectivity to the Quickbooks company database.
Steps to check your computer connectivity to the QuickBooks company Database
- Click on the near to the QuickBooks Company File to find your company file.
- For a Linux system, if you are using alternate network setup mode then you need to change hosting server from your system.
- Before starting the troubleshoot the access connectivity test status is Blue color (Not Applicable).
- And after the start and complete the scanning status appears in green and red color. Green means no problem found and red means problem detect and needs to fix.
- Now, press the connectivity test to start scanning.
- Now you need to click what do mean to this?
- After fixed all related status, start scanning again for checking other problems.
- When the file Open status, you will find that the successful message happens to appear on the server, repeat above all steps to each QuickBooks customer computer.
- Take the patient at the time of scanning it takes time to complete find the problem and repair or fix the problem.
- All scanning and fixing problem or error depends on your connection internet speed and the file size of your business financial statement file or company file.
The Quick connection Diagnostic tool is to auto-identify and resolve issues with these components:-
- Microsoft Dot Net Framework
QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic tool can also fix the C++, MSXML and Microsoft .Net compatibility issues in your system.
You can fix it with the help of a window update because the update will scan and install the missing dot NET framework in your operating system.
You can fix this problem of missing components manually. You just need to download these components on the web and reinstall it.
You can also choose a selective startup installing for your system.
We hope you understand all the given steps and fix your problem. With the help of QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool, you fix the problem yourself. If you have any other problem and queries regarding this you can comment on us in the comment section.