QuickBooks Error 6123,0 comes, when you try to restore your backup file. Furthermore, try to access a file on the server on multi-user mode or at the time op upgrading the QuickBooks company file.
Don’t be panic, you can fix this error easily with the help of QuickBooks file doctor in very simple steps. If QuickBooks file doctor does not fix your problem then you can go other alternative manual methods to fix QuickBooks error 6123,0.
What is QuickBooks Error 6123,0
QuickBooks user faces Error 6123,0 when they open company files or restore their Quickbooks company file to the server directly in multi-user mode.
As per the intuit this error message comes due to lost connection to the company file on the server. You will get the following error message if you trouble this error.
Screenshot of QuickBooks error 6123,0
Why QuickBooks Error 6123,0 Occurs?
- Damaged Quickbooks Company files in your system due to some reasons.
- Restoring the company file from the external data storage device like Pan drive or external Hard disk.
- Disconnect the network connection between the QuickBooks and the Host server.
- Your system firewall settings block the connection port to the server where the file will be loaded.
- Some times McAfee antivirus, McAfee antivirus blocks the QuickBooks running service.
- The outdated version of the operating system.
- Damaged your system files.
How To Resolve The QuickBooks Error 6123,0
Let’s discuss different ways to fix this problem, An easy and simple method that fixes the problem is with the use of QuickBooks file doctor. In this process, you just need to follow on-screen instructions to fix the QuickBooks error 6123,0.
Follow the given steps to fix the error 6123,0 with the help of QuickBooks File Doctor:-
- Download the QuickBooks file doctor which system that encounters the problem.
- Install and setup the QuickBooks file doctor.
- After successfully install run the QuickBooks file doctor.
- Select the company file from the drop-down list.
- If the company file does not appear in the list, click the browse button and go to the appropriate QuickBooks company file.
- Select check file Damage only radio button then click on the Diagnose file.
- Enter your user and password if they ask for a login.
- Now you will see the message your company files upgrading to newer versions.
- You can also choose to repair a file with the existing version of QuickBooks in your system, in this process your company files repair without upgrading the company file.
- Finally, reboot your system and your error will be fixed.
If you are still facing this problem then you need to follow the manual step to fixing the error 6123,0.
Manual Methods To Fix The Error 6123,0
In the manual method, you need to follow the different steps yourself to fix the QuickBooks error 6123,0. Different steps like delete file, rename file, and mover the location of the file, etc.
Change The Location Of The File
Sometimes the problem occurs due to the file of the path. So you need to move the file location of the file and try to open Quickbooks company file form the new location.
Rename (.ND) and (.TLG) File
- The open folder that stores the QuickBooks company file.
- Select the .ND file form the folder. Associated with the company name like CompanyName.ND.
- Rename this with .old adding at the end of the file name like CompanyName.ND.old.
- Now follow the 2 and 3 steps with the .TLG file. Like MyComanyName.TLG.old.
- Open the company file to your system.
Reinstall QuickBooks Accounting Software
If the above steps are not working then you need to fresh the installation of QuickBooks accounting software.
Follow the given steps to Reinstall QBs:-
- First, note down the version of your QBs product and keep your license key to activate the QBs after reinstalling.
- Now uninstall the QuickBooks from your computer with the help of the control panel.
- Download the QuickBooks package file according to your license version supported QuickBooks.
- Install the QuickBooks by applying the installation steps.
- Now open QuickBooks and enter your license key to activate your product.
- Finally, open the company file to your system.
By Disabling Antivirus
Many times the antivirus of your system will block the running threat of Quickbooks or add it to virus list programs and block the working of the program. Disable your antivirus and try to open the Quickbooks company file this will fix the QuickBooks Error 61223,0.
Hope above given solution fix QuickBooks error 6123,0 if you have any trouble to understand the given solution and any queries related to error 6123 you can comment us on the comment section.