QuickBooks web connector provides the interface to import the information to the third-party web-based application into your QuickBooks accounting software. Before coming of QuickBooks lots of companies are using other software and many other companies are using their industry specified solution for invoicing and estimation of their accounting businesses.
Other software is not providing rich accounting requirements features on their software. And the accountant needs to do extra efforts to do their work. After the switch to QuickBooks they did not do double work in two different software, this takes extra effort so the Quickbooks web connectors components are the solution of this and you can pull the information to other software with the help of it.
QuickBooks Web Connector: Definition
QuickBooks Web Connector allows qbXML and qbposXML pass between the QuickBook Financial software and QuickBook point of sale. This work on the SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) is a web-based service. This can be scheduled as per the user requirement.
To use Web connector you need to add a web service and it is so simple. This requires .qwc file and is designed to interact with QuickBooks Desktop and open automatically to the web connector.
Install and Set up QuickBooks Web Connector:
Before installing QuickBooks web connector you need .qwc file which is a file at zip file after download on the official site you fist need to unzip this and then you find .qwc file that is used for installing. Follow the below-given steps to install and setup:-
- Download the installer file from its official site on the web.
- The file is download in zipping or a compressed file.
- Unzip the file to any decompressor tool and double click on the .exe file.
- Follow the instructions to complete install the QuickBooks web connector.
Uninstall QuickBooks Web connector:
Sometimes Quickbooks web connector does not work properly, in this case, we can uninstall it. There is another reason to uninstall this tool and that is the newly released version of Quickbooks. To uninstall it, you need to store .qwc file before uninstalling because this file is used in installing process as we discuss before.
You need to follow these steps to uninstall:-
- Press Windows+R simultaneously to open the run window.
- Open the control panel in your system and click on the uninstall a program or program and feature.
- Choose the web connector form the list and click on uninstall.
Note: If Web connector does not show the control panel list then delete the QBWebconnector folder form your computer to uninstall. Then the folder will be stored in C drive in the Program file X86 folder. The exact location of the file is C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\ if you install a 64-bit program or C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\ if you install a 32-bit of Web connector program.
How to add an app to web connector
Opening a file to a web connector you need to add an application to a web connector. After adding it automatically open the file with the help of a web connector.
Steps to add application in web connector:-
- Click on the Add application on the web connector’s Main window.
- Browser your application .qwc file in your computer and select.
- Now click on the open button to open the file.
How to prevent QuickBook web connector to run on system startup
In case you are not using QuickBooks web connector on regular bases. You can disable it to run on at window startups. You can do it with different methods the easy and simple methods delete the shortcut form the windows startup folder.You can use your common running programs in the start-up folder on your computer.
Steps to follow to stop running the program at startup:-
- You need to open your system startup folder.
- Open startup folder for window 10 and 8
- Press the Window+R button simultaneously to open the run window
- Right shell: startup and click ok or Enter.
- For window 7 and vista
- Click on the start button and go to all program section
- To the appeared list click on Startup.
- Open startup folder for window 10 and 8
- Find the QuickBook web connector from the list of startup files
- Delete the web connector file from the folder.
Note: If you need to add the program on startup then you just copy the shortcut file and paste on the startup folder to your computer. The exact location of the Startup folder is C:\Users\USER NAME\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Startup Menu\Programs\Startup
Here at the place of USER NAME you need to select your computer’s users that are using the system now.
We hope this article helps you to understand the QuickBooks web connector and the proper use of this software. Rather than if you have any problem and quires about the Quickbooks web connector. You can comment on the comment section we will happy to help you.